Looking to straighten your teeth? Our family dentists at Apple Dental Care offer their Edmonton patients traditional-style braces to straighten teeth, close gaps between teeth, and improve overall oral function.
What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the dental specialty of changing the alignment of teeth and jaws. At Apple Dental Care in Edmonton, we offer conventional braces for our patients who prefer a traditional method of orthodontics.
What are braces?
Braces are an orthodontic treatment designed to straighten and align teeth by shifting them into the correct position. The treatment addresses a variety of dental concerns.
Apple Dental Care offers conventional braces. The brackets can be made of either metal or plastic, and the wires can be either metal or tooth-coloured.
Benefits of Braces
Braces correct a variety of alignment and structural problems including:
- Poorly aligned or crowded teeth.
- Spaces between teeth.
- An underbite: when lower teeth protrude in front of upper teeth.
- An overbite: when upper teeth bite over lower teeth.
- A crossbite: when upper and lower jaws can’t close together.
- An open bite: when upper and lower front teeth don’t bite together.