Our family dentists in Edmonton provide dental fillings as a treatment to restore damaged or decayed teeth – making your smile strong and healthy!
What is a dental filling?
A dental filling is a treatment to restore a damaged or decayed tooth to its normal shape and function.
Apple Dental Care offers composite fillings for its Edmonton residents. Composite fillings are tooth-colored and prevents bacteria & acid from further damaging the tooth.
Advantages of Composite Fillings
- Natural Looking: These fillings are the same colour as your natural teeth, thus blending in nicely with your surrounding teeth.
- Improved Texture: Composite fillings are easier for a dentist to shape and sculpt onto a tooth.
- Better Bond: Composite materials adhere naturally to the tooth, which means the dentist doesn’t have to remove as much existing enamel during preparation.
- Restored Strength: Teeth treated with composite fillings receive restored strength.
Minimally Invasive Dentistry
- Air Abrasion: Air abrasion helps in minimally invasive treatment which is drill free & needle free. Air abrasion helps cavity removal and white filling placement.
Are dental fillings necessary?
A damaged or decayed tooth can expose the interior of the tooth to bacteria.
Once inside the tooth's structure, bacteria can dissolve any healthy tooth enamel and cause infection of the tissues.
Dental fillings are a perfect solution to stopping a cavity early before your tooth begins degrading.
If you notice a cavity, please treat it immediately.
The longer you wait, the more the cavity will grow and damage your tooth, potentially causing you to need even more invasive and costly treatment in the future.