Don’t let a damaged, misshaped, or discoloured tooth stop you from smiling! At Apple Dental Care in Edmonton, our family dentists provide dental crowns as a restorative treatment option.
What is a crown?
A crown is a custom-made artificial tooth that encases an entire damaged or broken tooth, restoring its function and improving its appearance.
Dental Crowns in Edmonton: Why do I need one?
There are a variety of situations that require a tooth to be restored with a dental crown. The following are the most common:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover severely discoloured teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic change
Is the crown noticeable?
No. The crown will be made to match your other teeth exactly.
The shade of the neighbouring teeth will be recorded, to make sure that the colour looks natural and matches surrounding teeth.
Crown Fittings at Apple Dental Care
If you have a damaged, misshapen, or discoloured tooth, your Apple Dental Care dentist will fit it with an artificial crown to improve its appearance and restore its function.
The crown process at Apple Dental Care:
- Your dentist will first give you a local anesthetic to ensure you do not feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- Your dentist will scan your teeth using our advanced CEREC Omnicam technology, which is much easier if impressions are difficult for you.
- The crown is molded, resembling your natural tooth in shape, size, and colour, and is cemented onto your tooth*.