Our family dentists at Apple Dental Care in Edmonton provides veneers, a cosmetic treatment for patients who wish to correct discoloured, chipped, gapped, misaligned or aged teeth in just a few short visits.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are thin custom-made restorations that are bonded to the surface of your natural teeth.
They are fitted to the contour of your teeth, instantly correcting the look of the tooth while also providing strength and resilience.
Patients choose veneers as a cosmetic solution to enhance the brightness of their teeth, to straighten their smile, and quickly correct issues such as discolouration, fractures, and chips.
Designed to also close gaps and correct tooth misalignment, veneers are considered a less intrusive treatment option than crowns or braces.
When are veneers used?
Veneers are a great treatment option for patients that have:
- Discoloured teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned teeth or gapped teeth
How long is the treatment process?
Veneer treatment requires three visits.
During your first visit, the dentist will examine and assess your current dental condition. A decision will be made on whether veneers are ultimately the best dental solution for you.
During your second visit, the preparation will start by removing enamel from your tooth’s surface. A dental impression will be taken of the tooth. It will then take approximately one week for the veneers to be made.
During your third visit, the dental veneers are made and ready to be placed. The dentist will ensure that it is the correct fit and colour for your teeth. The veneer will then be smoothed as required. Once this is complete, the veneer is bonded to your tooth using a special cement.
What are the benefits of veneers?
Veneers have a number of benefits including:
- Correcting Imperfections: From stubborn stains to fractures and gaps in between teeth, veneers can effectively correct troublesome imperfections. With veneers, the overall look of the smile is aesthetically changed and improved.
- Look and Feel Natural: Veneers are customized to blend seamlessly with the rest of your teeth, from size to shape to colour. For the most natural-looking results, our Apple Dental Care dentists match veneers to surrounding teeth.
- Extra Protection: Veneers can strengthen and protect damaged teeth due to the durable material of the veneer that coats your natural tooth.
- Low Maintenance: Maintaining and preserving veneers is as easy as proper dental hygiene. Regular brushing and flossing should adequately maintain your restoration.
Are there any special care instructions to maintaining veneers?
Maintaining your dental veneers is similar to taking care of your natural teeth. A strong daily hygiene routine is important to adhere to. This means brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, at least twice a day.
Also, avoid eating hard foods that may crack your veneers. This includes nixing consumption of items such as tobacco and coffee as this could discolour or stain the veneer.