At Apple Dental, we believe in ensuring our patients get the best dental care possible and strive to provide world-class services. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive dental examinations to identify risks of oral disease and signs of tooth decay and our thorough cleaning procedures to eliminate chances of dental infections and damage to the teeth.
Before arriving to your dental examination at Apple Dental, here is everything you need to know about the procedure.
- When you arrive at Apple Dental, your dentist will take your entire health history and also check your blood pressure.
- Following this, a thorough evaluation of the health status of your gums and teeth will be conducted. Your gums and teeth will be examined for any signs of disease. The bones supporting the teeth will also be checked for any indications of damage and infections.
- After a visual examination is completed for signs of external issues, an X-ray will be taken in the case of internal signs of dental problems. Apple Dental believes that early detection is crucial in fighting diseases and uses state-of-the-art digital X-ray machines for this procedure. This helps to reveal dental problems not identified in the visual examination such as tumors, teeth growing in wrong positions, abscesses, bone loss and other such conditions.
- An oral cancer screening is also conducted in which your face, neck, tongue, throat, cheeks and mouth are examined for any signs of oral cancer.
- Lastly, existing restorations such as crowns, bridges, fillings, implants, and veneers are checked to see if they are in good shape and need any replacement.
Here’s a quick look at what cleaning at Apple Dental entails.
- Cleaning of the teeth involves removal of plaque and tartar through a process called scaling.
- Gums are also cleaned manually after the tartar and plaque removal is performed.
- Cleaning is focused on removing plaque and tartar using special scaling equipment.
- Plaque is a layer of bacteria that sticks to the tooth enamel and can cause infections. It can be easily removed by brushing and flossing. Tartar, on the other hand, is a more stubborn and tough layer of bacteria that requires more stringent measures to be taken for removal.
- Removal of plaque and tartar during cleaning is a painless procedure, but our dentists at Apple Dental can apply numbing gel to your gums to make the process more comfortable for you.
- Food and other debris stuck between the teeth is also removed during cleaning.
- Polishing follows the cleaning procedure and is performed to give you shiny and smooth teeth and a super clean feeling in the mouth.
- Polishing removes stains and scratches from the teeth using a special abrasive paste that is scrubbed onto the teeth. This makes the teeth smooth and spotlessly clean.
Apple Dental cares about your oral health and has a team of well-trained dentists that will give you a complete oral care experience to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong.